Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!




Today is Mother’s Day. How special it is to have a day set aside to celebrate the great and wonderful calling of being a mom - to celebrate motherhood.  The Lord has blessed me by being a mom to three wonderful boys.

I was checking my e-mail this morning and I came across to one about a tribute to mother’s. In this e-mail there was an attachment of a song by S.C Chapman. The lyrics said:
“You are changing the world one little heartbeat at a time making history with every touch and every smile. You may not see it now, but time will tell how you are changing the world one little heartbeat at a time”.

This reminds me of Deuteronomy 6:6-7: These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up”

As a mom I am changing my boy’s world by instilling in them the wonderful truths that are found in Scripture in there little young hearts. With every touch, weather a hug, drying up tears, kissing boo boos, changing a diaper, making a meal, whatever it might be, and with every smile I give my boys, in the way I care for them and serve them, I am changing there world because I am impacting there lives by the way I live and show the love of Jesus to them with my actions and words.

As I think about my role as a mother this is what comes to mind:

Nurturer, care giver, educator, one who sacrifices, provider, always there, loving, self denying, keeper, helpful, thoughtful, considerate, encourager, and the list goes on.

It is hard to see how we are impacting our children’s lives, when we are constantly correcting and disciplining them so they will obey, but time will tell that we are changing there world one day at a time. In Galatians 6:9 says: Let us not loose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.

Mom’s we have the best job in the world. Being a mother is no easy task. Let’s change the world one little heartbeat at a time!

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails