Tuesday, August 10, 2010

LIFE:


 For in Him we live and move and exist
Acts 17:28a
I can't believe how fast time has gone. It's been 20years since I came to know Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. It's been amazing to go back and think of all the things I've been through and how far He has brought me and all He has brought me out off.

It's been four months since I gave birth to our third son.  Sleepless nights, caring for two other little ones, cooking, cleaning, laundry and the list goes on. So much to do and not much time for it all. The days just fly by.But even in the midst of all the business, there are tender moments, when my two older boys play nice and share together and when I nurse the baby. As I sit and nurse him so that he can gain weight, grow and mature, I am reminded of how the Lord nurtured me and cared for me even when I thought He wasn't, in desperate times, He was there. As I sit and nurse my baby boy and care for his physical needs - diaper changing, feeding, bathing, etc. I can't help but think of how dependent this little person is of me. He can't move around even if he wanted to, because his muscles are not strong enough yet for him to do so. He can't even speak to let me know what he needs. As I sit and nurse my baby I am reminded of how the Lord nurtures me with His Word, His Truth so that I can be strong in my faith in Him.

Just as my baby boy is so dependant of me, I am dependent on the Lord.
How about you? Are you depending on the Lord today?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails