Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving Countdown

Give thanks with a grateful heart...( I love this song)

I love traditions! I love having memories from days of old!
I want my boys to have those memories as well. Something to think back on. Something to remember family by. Something they can share with their children.
Thanksgiving is only 10 days away!
These next 10 days my family and I will be writing down on different colored construction paper hearts what we are thankful for on each day. We will put these in a basket on the dining table and on Thanksgiving day we will read them all and pray together to give thanks. It can be anything. Anything that the Lord has brought to mind, or something that happened on that particular day. Anything that you've been blessed with. But the point of it all is to meditate on those things and to give thanks to the One who has given it all to us.

It has been difficult at home lately with the children and their behavior. I've been overwhelmed. But as I was in my prayer closet this morning with the Lord a soft whisper reminded me that He is always there to take all my burdens, my worries, etc. I don't have to do it all on my own. He is there to help me.
So my thankful heart for Day 1 is prayer. I am thankful that I can pray to my Father in Heaven and tell him all my worries and ask Him for help.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails