Saturday, December 31, 2011

NEW YEAR'S RESTSOLUTION

This year is going to be behind us and in the past in just a couple hours. It will quickly become a memory, something  we will  remember, but not all of it As I look back and try to remember and reflect on this year, all that comes to mind is how quickly it went by,  and all the things scheduled on our calendar and what we wanted to do and accomplish. 

Just like many others,  we also have a new years resolution,  goals and plans that we would want to accomplish in the new year.  There are thoughts running in our minds of the things we want to do, like having a better and healthier eating plan, losing weight, planning on a family vacation, reading a number of different books, going to a conference, getting together with friends, and maybe even thinking about where to spend the holidays, and the list can go on.

Mark 6:31 says:

31 And He *said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while.” (For there were many people coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat.) 

These verses paint a great picture of how this year has been for us and probably for many of you too. Especially the second portion of it that talks about the many people that were coming and going and they did not even have time to eat.

There had been many times this year that we would be rushing to get out the door, to be on time for a doctors appointment, someones house, church, etc. It was really coming and going. But there is also the first portion of the verse that I would like to make my new years restsolution, and that is to come (go) away by myself to a secluded place (my bedroom, closet, or somewhere quiet before the children wake up, or even before the day would get busy, or even during the kids nap time) to rest a while in Him.


I want to rest in the Lord this new year and try to live out Matthew 6:34 that says:
    “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. 
 And to also rest in what the Psalmist describes in Psalm 23, that the Lord is my shepherd, He restores my soul, He guides me for His name's sake, He is with me, His rod and staff will comfort me, and that His goodness and loving-kindness will follow me all the days of my life, this 2012 year.

This is my new years restsolution. How about you, do you have a new years resolution?

I pray that 2012 brings showers of blessings to you and that His goodness and loving-kindness follow you all the days of your life. 

Happy New Year!


Resting in Him,

~ Karla

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails